Have you felt or seen an external anal lump, most likely a hemorrhoid? Is there any discharge from the anus? Does your rectum bleed? If you are facing any of these symptoms or any other problem in the colon, rectum, or anus, it’s time to see a proctologist.
Proctology is the branch of medicine dealing with the pathology of and surgery on the colon, rectum, and anus. A proctologist, also known as a colon and rectal surgeon or coloproctologist, is a surgical specialist whose main aim is to diagnose and treat the problems of the colon, rectum, or anus.
Located in Dubai, HMS Mirdif Cancer Center provides the latest minimally invasive techniques to treat all proctological problems from hemorrhoids (or piles) to rectal bleeding, pelvic dyssynergia, obstructed defecation syndrome, and chronic pelvic pain.
Since its establishment, patients and their families have relied on the skills and expertise of the surgeons at HMS Mirdif Cancer Center, one of the best proctology hospitals in Dubai. Our proctologists diagnose and treat anal & rectal problems with great compassion and skill. They strive to provide a welcoming and stress-free experience throughout your treatment with us.
We are dedicated to non-surgical, surgical, and laser treatments for anal and rectal disorders, namely hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal fistula, pilonidal sinus/cyst, anal bleeding, anal itching, and anal warts. We are experts in performing all the latest up-to-date minimally invasive procedures for treating proctological problems, to minimize pain and shorten post-operative recovery.
At HMS Mirdif Hospital, we offer state-of-the-art care in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders that affect the lower gastrointestinal tract, especially the rectum and anus. These disorders include hemorrhoids, rectal prolapse, bowel incontinence, anal fissures, anal fistulas, warts, and a host of other related problems. Our surgeons are also experts at performing colonoscopy, a diagnostic exam to look for polyps, ulcers, and tumors, and offer painless treatment of hemorrhoids.
Regardless it is an outpatient service or inpatient surgery, our board-certified surgeons offer personalized, compassionate, and trustworthy surgical care. They offer cutting-edge advancements, including clinical procedures, and traditional and minimally invasive procedures.
Why History Plays a Vital Role in Proctology?
When the doctor asks you about the symptoms of the anal or bowel problem, they already get a lot of information about how and what you to the disease. The quality, the intensity, the time of occurrence, and the duration of pain; the color and the amount of blood, and the circumstances when seen; swelling and itching; all these descriptions are important. Additionally, defecation is important, as constipation or diarrhea, the structure of the stool.
What Do The Different Proctological Investigations Mean?
· DRE – This is the investigation procedure of the lower rectum and anal canal by feeling with one finger to detect swellings, and abnormal growth and to evaluate the prostate.
· Proctoscopy – This is the endoscopic investigation of the lower rectum and the anal canal by visual inspection, mainly used to evaluate hemorrhoids.
· Ano Recto Sigmoideoscopy – This is a complex 2-phase endoscopic investigation of the anal canal, the rectum, and the Sigmoid (the s-shaped second lowest part of the bowel).
Scope of Services
· Anoscopy or rectoscopy will be performed by an expert proctologist upon your visit
· Conservative, outpatient treatments: cream, suppository, diet, and lifestyle counseling with the help of our skilled nutritionist
· Removal of external hemorrhoid lump/s along with skin tags
· Minimally invasive treatment of anal fistulas
· Incision of perianal abscesses
· Hemorrhoid surgery – same-day surgery
· Complete hemorrhoidal prolapse treatment with the stapler
· Treatment of chronic anal pain
· Treatment of anal fissure
· Surgical treatment of anal stenosis and postoperative complications
If necessary, the patients can also be asked to the consultation with a gastroenterologist, performing sigmoidoscopies and colonoscopies working in HMS Mirdif Hospital. At HMS Mirdif Cancer Center, we apply technological advances to treat the most benign diseases with utmost care and perfection.
Our team of specialists at our proctology hospital in Dubai has at their disposal all the advanced tools, equipment, laser systems, and most importantly the valuable collective experience to complete your treatment and help you get back in shape, in a simple, fast, affordable and effective manner. Whether you are looking for the best treatment or need a second opinion, book an appointment with one of our doctors at HMS Mirdif Cancer Center for better diagnosis and treatment.