Hemorrhoids Treatment in Dubai
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, are pathologically dilated anal cushions or swelling on the inside of the anal canal. The anal canal present in every healthy human being is a short muscular tube that connects the rectum with the anus. These swollen and enlarged blood vessels found inside or around the bottom of the anus occur due to low fiber diet and straining. Sometimes, they reach up to the size of the grapes in some people. Hemorrhoids also have a relationship with altered collagen in this region.
For multidisciplinary patient-centered care to improve quality of life and overall health outcomes, most people travel to UAE and MENA as this region has good hospitals where board-certified doctors use the latest technology to provide the best treatment to patients. HMS Mirdif Cancer Center is the best center in Dubai for oncology and other types of surgeries including hemorrhoids treatment in Dubai. Dr. Humaa Darr, and her team at HMS MIrdif Hospital combine expertise, knowledge, patient empathy, and patient support to provide quality treatment.
Classification Of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids may be either internal or external. They can be further classified as follows:
Internal – Internal Hemorrhoids occur when a vein in the hemorrhoidal cushion swells too much and cannot be retracted. They are further classified by a system of grades:
- Grade 1 – They do not stick out from the anal canal. They can be seen as excessive bulges while maintaining their normal position inside the anal canal. They may generate other problems like bleeding or scratching.
- Grade 2 – They are larger and stick out from the anal canal during a bowel movement. However, they retract back on their own into the body upon completion of the bowel movement.
- Grade 3 – They stick out from the anal canal during the bowel movement and do not take back on their own upon finishing. But they will stay inside if pushed back in manually. They have a habit of bleeding more frequently.
- Grade 4 – They stick out from the anal canal every time. If pushed back in, they will leave on their right away. They are prone to thrombosis and pain and often bleed profusely. They need to be seen by a doctor.
External – Instead of hemorrhoid cushions, they arise from the veins that move from the hemorrhoid cushions down to the external area enclosing the anal sphincter before routing back up to the heart.
Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids
- Pain or discomfort especially while sitting
- Pain during bowel movements
- Itching or irritation around the anal area
- Bright red blood in your stools
- Swelling around the anus
- One or more painful lumps near the anus
- A feeling that your bowels haven’t emptied completely
- Soiling underwear (with third and fourth-grade hemorrhoids)
Diagnosis Of Hemorrhoids
A simple visual inspection helps your physician to identify and know if you have external Hemorrhoids.
Tests and procedures to diagnose internal hemorrhoids include:
- Digital rectal examination in which a doctor inserts a lubricated gloved finger into your rectum to feel if there’s any unusual growth.
- A visual inspection of the inside of your anal canal or rectum with the help of a device such as an anoscope, proctoscope or sigmoidoscopy.
- A colonoscopy might also be performed if symptoms indicate that there might be another digestive system disease.
Hemorrhoids Treatment in Dubai
The decision of which treatment would be most appropriate can only be made after a thorough diagnosis, patient history, and condition, and after understanding the potential side effects and benefits of any treatment.
Outpatient Therapy – Outpatient treatment includes injection sclerotherapy with oily phenol, and rubber band ligation (RBL). This is applied by using a suction device. These techniques are simple as they are meant to be applied in the insensate part of the anal canal above the dentate line. They are relatively pain-free.
Surgery – Surgical options include hemorrhoid excision, doppler-guided ligation of the feeding hemorrhoidal vessels by hemorrhoidal artery ligation operation (HALO), or trans anal hemorrhoidal dearterialization (THD). The surgeon might also conduct stapled hemorrhoidopexy.
Excision – Excision or Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy aims to reduce the predominant hemorrhoidal tissue and preserve adequate mucocutaneous bridges. Excision is usually conducted where hemorrhoids are irreducible and largely external. Excisional hemorrhoid surgery has the lowest recurrence rate but it takes longer healing time and has high postoperative pain.
The problem with hemorrhoids is very common! For those who are suffering from persisting symptoms, be it a simple inpatient or outpatient, hemorrhoids treatment in Dubai options are available at HMS Mirdif Hospital. They are minimally invasive and aim to not only preserve function but enable an enhanced recovery. At HMS Mirdif Hospital, we apply technological advances to transform cancer treatment.