Breast Cancer Surgery in Dubai
Breast cancer is the most common treatment for breast cancer surgery in Dubai. There are several kinds of surgery. Your surgeon can describe each kind of surgery, compare the benefits and risks, and help you decide which kind might be best for you.
- Removing part of the breast: Breast-sparing surgery is an operation to remove cancer and a small amount of tissue that surrounds it. This is also called breast-conserving surgery. It can be a lumpectomy or partial mastectomy.
The surgeon will also separate one or more lymph nodes under the arm to check for cancer cells. If cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes, other cancer treatments will be needed. A woman usually has radiation therapy after breast-sparing surgery to kill cancer cells that may remain in the breast area. The success rate for breast surgery Dubai is very high. You can go for it without any issue.
Hip therapy at HMS Mirdif cancer center provides best breast surgery Dubai with major de-bulking by the oncology team with Huma Darr in September 2017.
- Removing the whole breast: Surgery to remove the whole breast is a mastectomy. In some cases, a skin-sparing mastectomy may be an option. For this approach, the surgeon removes as little skin as possible.
In modified radical mastectomy the surgeon removes the whole breast and most of the lymph nodes under the arm (Auxiliary lymph node dissection). This procedure is extremely necessary for deciding whether you will need additional therapy.
At HMS Mirdif, there are various treatment options available for breast skin change treatment in Dubai and the treatment option is used after careful screening.
The choice between breast-conserving surgery and mastectomy depends on many factors:
• The size, location, and stage of the tumor.
• The size of your breast.
• Certain features of cancer.
• How you feel about how the surgery will change your breast.
• How you feel about radiation therapy.
• Your ability to travel to a radiation treatment center for daily treatment sessions.
Breast Implant Treatment in Dubai
After the mastectomy, you may choose to have breast reconstruction. This is plastic surgery to rebuild the shape of your breast. If you are considering reconstruction, talk with a plastic surgeon before having breast cancer surgery.
A surgeon can reconstruct the breast in many ways. Some women choose to have breast implants treatment filled with saline or silicone gel. Another method of breast reconstruction is to create a breast shape using tissue taken from another part of your body. Dr. Huma Darr is an experienced doctor for breast surgery Dubai.
After Auxiliary Lymph Node Dissection
One complication of extensive surgery in the armpit is damage to one or more of the nerves, either accidentally or because the injury was unavoidable. This may result in long-term numbness in the armpit area or weakness in some of the shoulder muscles. Often the numbness will improve over several years, but sensitivity will never be normal. The weakness can generally be overcome with time.
A more serious problem associated with breast implant treatment in Dubai is a condition called lymphedema. It is caused by the scarring of lymph nodes in the underarm area after the removal of lymph causing swelling of the arm, limiting its function and making the arm more prone to infection.
As many as 10-20% of women undergoing auxiliary lymph node dissection will develop lymphedema of the arm. It can develop soon after surgery or even years later. In most cases, it will be mild and you will notice some swelling in your fingers. In older or overweight women or those who had radiation therapy, lymphedema is more likely to be more severe. Always protect the arm and hand on the treated side of your body from cuts, burns, or other injuries. Remind nurses not to measure your blood pressure or give you injections on the treated side of your body. The physical therapist can suggest exercises to help you regain movement and strength in your arm and shoulder. Exercise can also reduce stiffness and pain. You may be able to begin gentle exercises within days of surgery.
There are various ways of surgeries for breast skin change treatment in Dubai and it is best provided by HMS Mirdif cancer center.
Some of them are:-
- Radiation: Radiation therapy may be used after surgery to destroy breast cancer cells that remain in the chest area. Women usually have radiation after breast-sparing surgery but it’s sometimes used after the mastectomy too. Radiation comes from a large machine outside the body. Usually, women get treatment once a day, 5 days a week for up to 6 weeks. Each treatment session lasts only a few minutes. It is common for the skin in the treated area to become red, dry, tender, and itchy. After treatment is over, the skin will slowly heal.
- Hormone Therapy: Drugs like tamoxifen (for pre or postmenopausal women) or one of the aromatase inhibitors (for post-menopausal women) protect breast cells from estrogen. This reduces the risk of recurrent cancer in women with ER and PR-positive tumors.
- Chemotherapy: For women with advanced breast cancers (stages 3 and 4), chemotherapy is needed. However since some women with early disease (stages 1 and 2) may have microscopic spread, so chemotherapy might be recommended, especially if the original cancer is ER-negative and PR-negative.
If you ever happen to need breast cancer surgery in Dubai, do visit HMS mIrdif Cancer Center and ask the female surgeon department to get the best and sorted remedial options.